Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: June 16, 2021
Terms & Conditions Agreement
Please READ this Agreement carefully. Your access and use of this Site is subject to legally binding terms and conditions, which you accept and agree to by accessing this Site.
The material appearing on the website defenseninjas.com (“this Site”) is provided as information about Defense Ninjas’ events and people. The Owner of this Site (Defense Ninjas) and its directors, agents, employees, and affiliates assume no responsibility or liability for any consequences resulting directly or indirectly from any action or inaction you take based on the information found on or material linked to on this Site.
Any information by or on this Site is provided for promotional or informational purposes only and is not to be relied upon as a professional opinion whatsoever. By using this Site, you accept and agree that following any information or recommendations provided therein is at your own risk.
The following terms and conditions form a binding agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Defense Ninjas, a Washington State Corporation. Defense Ninjas may modify, amend, supplement and replace these terms and conditions at any time without advance notice. Your continued use of this Site after any change means you have accepted the changed terms and conditions.
- Copyright. Copyright laws protect all materials created by Defense Ninjas on the Site as original works. All materials belong to Defense Ninjas, including those with the absence of a registered copyright symbol.
- Links to Third-Party Websites. This Site may contain links to third-party websites. Any linked sites, materials, and pages are not under the control of Defense Ninjas. Defense Ninjas is not responsible for the content contained in any related website, nor for any losses or damages you may incur due to the use of any such website. Defense Ninjas accepts no liability for any errors or omissions contained in third-party websites. We provide these links to improve your use of the Site, enable you to connect with Defense Ninjas on various platforms, and help Defense Ninjas offer the most accessible services for you and conduct transactions.
- Intellectual Property Ownership. If Defense Ninjas discovers that you have illegally misappropriated or used any of the intellectual property you were granted access to, you will be blocked from any future programs and will seek the full extent of legal remedies, and you will be required to cover all legal fees necessary to enforce these rights.
- Testimonials. We love to share our students’ wins and successes from inside our programs. By signing up for the Program, you grant Defense Ninjas permission to use any testimonials in our marketing materials or any promotional efforts, including but is not limited to unofficial testimonials, words of praise via Instagram stories, public posts or posts inside our Facebook groups, and direct messages with Defense Ninjas.
- USER ACCOUNTS AND PASSWORDS
- To use certain optional features and functions of the Site, you may be allowed to create user accounts with passwords. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of your user account information and password(s), and you agree not to use your user account(s) or password(s) for any unauthorized purpose. By creating any user account, you represent, warrant, and certify that you are at least thirteen (13) years of age.
- Defense Ninjas may terminate your user account(s) if you are determined to be a repeat infringer. You may be determined to be a repeat infringer if the Owner determines that you have posted or transmitted infringing User Content more than once.
- Entire Agreement. These terms and conditions and any other legal notices, policies, and guidelines of Defense Ninjas linked to these terms and conditions or contained on this Site constitutes the entire Agreement between you and Defense Ninjas relating to your use of this Site and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written), claims, representations, and understandings of the parties regarding such subject matter. This Agreement may not be amended or modified except by Defense Ninjas.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY.IN NO EVENT SHALL DEFENSE NINJAS OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA OR PROFIT, OR DUE TO BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO VIEW OR USE THE MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SITE, EVEN IF DEFENSE NINJAS HAS BEEN NOTIFIED ORALLY OR IN WRITING OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- Governing Law.Any claim relating to this Site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Venue for disputes arising under this Agreement shall be the courts of appropriate jurisdiction in King County, Washington.
- As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree to indemnify Defense Ninjas and its directors, agents, employees, and affiliates from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including legal fees), and damages arising out of claims resulting from or arising from your use of this Site.
- What Information Is Collected?
- Personally Identifying Information. To take advantage of certain optional features or functions of the Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifying information. Personally identifying information is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally (such as your full name, address, or email address), and which we may refer to here as PII. For example, you may be asked to supply your name and email address if you complete the optional registration process for the Site, if you purchase a classified ad using our online ad placement service. You can choose not to provide such information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of or participate in some features of the Site. We do not automatically collect any PII from visitors to the Site. After creating a profile, if you wish to change any of your profile information, you may do so by clicking the “Your Profile” link on the Site and then clicking the appropriate link under “Manage Your Personal Profile.” We may also combine information you have otherwise provided to us with PII you submit on the Site.
- Children Under the Age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifying information from or about children under the age of 13. By submitting any personally identifying information, you certify that you are at least 13 years of age. If we discover that we have received any information from or about a child under 13 in violation of this statement, we will delete that information. If you believe that we have collected personally identifying information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at the address provided in the “QUESTIONS” section below.
- Non-Personally Identifying Information
- Log Files. Like most websites, we use tracking programs that collect information about log files, including browser types, internet service providers (ISPs), referring/exit pages, platform types, date/time stamps, number of clicks, and Internet protocol (IP) addresses,. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet, which web servers use to identify where to send the information your computer requests. We may use IP addresses for a number of purposes, such as system administration, to report aggregate information to our business partners, or to audit the use of the Site. We may disclose such non-personally identifying information, such as aggregated statistics, to third parties for a variety or purposes, including describing our services, marketing, and improving the experiences of visitors to the Site. The information that we collect regarding log files is not linked to personally identifying information.
- How is the Information Collected Used, and How Can I Opt Out?
- Personally Identifying Information. PII that you voluntarily submit may be used for the purposes authorized when it was submitted. For example, if you submit PII to request services or content, the information that you submit may be used to fulfill your request. We, our advertisers, or third parties selected by us may send you special offers and information, including by email, if you have not opted out of receiving such information and offers. If you do not wish to receive such special offers and information sent by email, you may follow the instructions for unsubscribing included within any of such special offers or informational emails.
- Facilitating Use of the Site and Customizing Content. We may use information collected from cookies and other tracking technology to recognize your browser when you visit the Site and to attempt to personalize the Site for each user, to sequence ads and offers in a series and to track page usage and paths. You can configure your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set by choosing this option in the preferences or menu options in your browser. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use certain optional features or functions of the Site.
- Statistical Analysis. We may use collected information to create aggregate statistics about activity on and visitors to the Site, including the number of return visits to the Site or our advertisers’ websites, the number of unique visitors that have viewed or “clicked” a particular ad or visited a particular web page and how much time is spent on each page of the Site. We may also create aggregate demographic statistics. We may use these aggregate statistics to measure interest in various areas of the Site, to better design the Site and to improve our marketing strategy and product offerings. We may share the aggregate statistical information with third parties.
- Disclosures Required By Law?
As described above, certain uses of collected information may involve disclosure to third parties. In addition, we may disclose collected information in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or when doing so is reasonably necessary to: (1) comply with the law or legal process; (2) respond to any claims; (3) protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Owner and its affiliates, as well as our customers, users or the public; or (4) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site. In addition, collected information may be disclosed as part of any bankruptcy, merger, sale, transfer of company assets or acquisition.
- Is My Information Protected?
By participating in any way in the classes, event, or activities of Defense Ninjas training (all activities jointly and severally hereafter referred as "Training" or “Program”) by Instructor Fauzia Lala, or any other Defense Ninjas’ instructors, given online, you recognize, understand, accept, and agree to the following:
- Self-Defense Training or any other such type of training is an activity that may involve you in physical contact and that your participation or training might result in serious injury, including permanent disability or even death to you or to others, and may cause social and economic loss to you, and such risk may be due to not only your own actions, but also the action, inaction or negligence of others, the regulations of participation, or the conditions of the premises, or of any of the equipment used or instructor’s action or guidance, and that there may be other risks that are not known to you or to others or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- You assume all foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for any damages as well as financial losses or any other losses that may result from your personal injury, disability or death.
- You unconditionally confirm that you have entered the training entirely of your own free will and understand the importance of following all rules of stated herein and all rules & instructions which will be informed to you during the training.
- You certify that you am in good physical condition, and have no disease, injury or other condition that would impair your performance or physical and mental well-being during intense training practice or You grant permission in case of injury to have a doctor, nurse, athletic training or other emergency medical personnel provide you with medical assistance or treatment for such injury at your risk and all expenses will be paid by you without looking for and without holding anyone including the instructor responsible to make any advance payment on account of such expenses.
- You hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Defense Ninjas, Fauzia Lala, the instructor, its affiliated organizations and governing bodies, their officers, instructors and personnel, other members of the organizations, participants, students, supervisors, coaches, sponsoring organizations or their agents, and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises from any and all liability to the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses and damages which may be sustained and suffered by you or suffered on account of injury, including but not limited to death or damage to property caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by your negligence or the negligence of the releasees or
- You hereby authorize Defense Ninjas to collect the agreed upon amount of monthly contribution in USD. You agree to pay your agreed upon contribution in full and on time. You also understand and accept that your training will be paused until the necessary payment has been made.
- Refunds. If you find that the Program is not the right fit for you after completing Level 1 (<45 days) then we will refund your tuition. We are committed to your success and we are here to serve.
An example of a situation where we wouldn’t grant a refund is if a student doesn’t put in any effort, doesn’t try at our courses, doesn’t take full responsibility for their own success, and then asks for their money back. We also do not offer refunds as attempts to use the refund policy as a way to opt-out of any existing financial obligation or payment plan already committed to us upon signing up for our Program,
An example of a situation where we would give a refund is if you do the entire course, try your best, share with us what you learned, and then provide an objectively fair reason why you want your money back.
Disclaimer: Due to the digital nature of our course, we do not offer refunds for those who do not do their due diligence to ensure the course is the right fit for them. It is the customer’s responsibility to carefully review our sales page and terms and conditions before purchasing, using, or accessing any of our products and Program. Please note, we do not offer partial refunds for our programs and our exclusive bonuses and course extensions are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- You will not infringe upon Defense Ninjas’ or any participant’s copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights. Any confidential information shared by Defense Ninjas or participants is confidential and proprietary, and belongs solely and exclusively to the party who discloses such information. You will not reproduce, distribute, or sell these materials (videos, documents, etc.) that are shared in the Program, and if you violate or display the likelihood of violating these rules, Defense Ninjas and it’s participants are entitled to injunctive relief and other damages against you for such violations.
- Program content is for individual use only, and will not be sold, tape recorded, video taped, shared, taught, given away, or otherwise divulged without the express written consent of Defense Ninjas.
- Success with this Program is largely driven by your willingness to take actions as recommended by Defense Ninjas, as it related to the content of the Program. If you wish to apply ideas, concepts, teachings, etc. contained in this Program, you take full responsibility for your actions and agree that your success with this Program is dependent on your willingness to follow the directions and steps outlined by Defense Ninjas.
- Defense Ninjas assumed no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear in any Program materials.
- You grant permission to Defense Ninjas to use your name, photographs, voice, testimonials, or other identifrying materials, in whole or part, for publication or reproduction in any medium, including but not limited to television, radio, print media, and the internet, among others, for any purpose, including but not limited to public relations, education, advertising, marketing, training, and research. Defense Ninjas may do so without restriction or limitation to time or geographic boundary, and without notifying you.
- You waive your all rights to inspect or approve the finished materials that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to you or unknown, and you waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the material, regardless of whether a fee is charged or collected by Defense Ninjas.
- You hereby agree to release, defend, and hold harmless Fauzia Lala, Defense Ninjas and training locations owner/management, including any firm publishing and/or distributing the finished product in whole or in part, whether on paper or via electronic media, from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs, including but not limited to any misuse, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in taking, processing, reduction or production of the finished product, its publication or distribution.
If you have any more questions, please email us at [email protected].